Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: orbi dropping external vpn connections

michael_tn
Aspirant

orbi dropping external vpn connections

Ok, 

I put in my new RBK50 system yesterday, updated to current firmware (1.12.0.18) and have been generally happy with the system and performance. This morning, i wanted to vpn into work from an ethernet connected mac via our works cisco anyconnect client. the anyconnect client makes a vpn connection ok, but when i make any network request (web/shell/etc) it drops into disconnect/reconnecting state and never gives me my vpn connection again or allows me to make a vpn connection into work. my RBK50 is in router mode and basically an out of the box config other than the firmware update. 

I really really need my vpn into work back, so any help appreciated. 

--- michael

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
michael_tn
Aspirant

OK,

So i went through and did a restart on everything, network, orbi, computers and now my external VPN connections seem ok. 

I will repost of the problem recurs. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Mikey94025
Hero

Are your VPN drops intermittent or does it always happen when you make a network request?  I'm very happy with the Orbi for home wireless but I too have seen intermittent VPN drops using Cisco AnyConnect, e.g., several per work day.  This happens to me when connected via Ethernet/MOCA so it is NOT caused by wireless satellite switching.  I haven't fully investigated but I guess that my intermittent VPN disconnects started when I switched to Orbi late last year.  I only work from home one day per week so I just reconnect whenever it occurs and it's not a deal breaker for me.

VPN disconnects have also been reported here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-Dropping-VPN-Connection/m-p/1183702#M1665

Message 2 of 3
michael_tn
Aspirant

OK,

So i went through and did a restart on everything, network, orbi, computers and now my external VPN connections seem ok. 

I will repost of the problem recurs. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7