Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi mesh network ac1200 - download speeds great - upload horrible

gerituch
Aspirant

orbi mesh network ac1200 - download speeds great - upload horrible

wondering if i should add a booster or extender to help with me upload speed.  am getting 250-300 download with only 30-40 upload.  any suggestions would be appreciated

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi mesh network ac1200 - download speeds great - upload horrible

What UP and down speeds do you pay for from you ISP? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 6
gerituch
Aspirant

Please come I keep in mind that I am a dummy when it comes to the stuff. My Internet provider is optimum. i have opt 200. in looking at my pckg it seems they say "upload speeds to 35 mbps" and dowmload 200. my speeds today are 120/36 i guess acceptable for my package. my router is orbi wifi mesh RBK12 2 pack. apartment is only 1300 square feet....since using the orbi router, my speeds are MUCH better.

so, should i be happy with what i have or try to add smg to my system?

thanx for replying !!!!
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would presume that if your getting good upload speeds on wired and wireless, you should be fine. Speedtesting is recommend over wired first to check to ensure your getting good speeds. Wireless next however keep in mind that wireless can be effected by different variables that can cuase inaccurate speed results. Why it's recommended to check wired first. 

Message 4 of 6
gerituch
Aspirant

soooo, i guess i should be pleased with what i am getting with what i pay for !!! and no need to get a booster?? 😏😏😎
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would see a need add anything, only if your trying to add wifi coverage would something maybe be needed. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7