Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: orbi mini router RBR40 issue

jordanvs
Aspirant

orbi mini router RBR40 issue

hi, how is everyone today? i’ve been experiencing some issues with the orbi router itself. we used to have a net gear router along with the orbi they both worked flawlessly, but recently we had to switch to an AT&T Air4920 because of the new thing they’re doing (like putting stuff into the ground? i’m not sure what it’s called or what they’re doing). after switching i realized the wifi has been not so good. it takes forever for things to load, for example, i haven’t been able to watch a single youtube video in HD (180p). i haven’t been able to do my school work, websites load very slow, etc. you get the big idea. i attached a photo, the orbi satellite is green but the router is purple? i clicked reset on the orbi router and waited about 8-9 hours for everything to boot back up and the satellite always boots perfectly fine just not the router it stays purple. is it because of the new AT&T internet? anything helps. thank you in advanced.
edit: i have also noticed i am unable to download apps or update apps using this “new” wifi. i have to use my cellular data for everything.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

It sounds to me like your Orbi has been disconnected.

Is this the product that has been installed: http://www.airties.com.tr/datasheets/Air4920_EN.pdf ?

This appears to be part of a WiFi solution by AT&T that sets up a "mesh" WiFi network similar to Netgear's Orbi, Linksys Velop, Google, etc.  This Air4920 has to be connected to a base station somewhere that either contains or is connected to a router and a modem.  This article explains which components are required: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1231556 

My first step would be to call whoever provided this equipment and ask, "what did your install crew DO to me?"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

It sounds to me like your Orbi has been disconnected.

Is this the product that has been installed: http://www.airties.com.tr/datasheets/Air4920_EN.pdf ?

This appears to be part of a WiFi solution by AT&T that sets up a "mesh" WiFi network similar to Netgear's Orbi, Linksys Velop, Google, etc.  This Air4920 has to be connected to a base station somewhere that either contains or is connected to a router and a modem.  This article explains which components are required: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1231556 

My first step would be to call whoever provided this equipment and ask, "what did your install crew DO to me?"

Message 2 of 5
jordanvs
Aspirant

yes that is exactly the product we received. it’s so much smaller than the net gear one we had for years :(. and yes i will definitely give them a call, we have called them several times but their customer service is never pleasant. thank you so much for your time i will get back to you if i fixed it!
Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

This unit has to connect to something, although that connection might be wireless.  Another step might be to find where the service comes into the house and write down the label on everything that is connected to it.  You might also look at your on-line account information.  My Spectrum account shows which "equipment" they think I have.

Message 4 of 5
jordanvs
Aspirant

yes i called them and they said the air420 was a network extender like an orbi. setting up the extender helped the wifi out a ton, but they still couldn’t get the orbi to work with it. i spent $400 for nothing and can’t return it lol. thanks for helping out you lead in me in the right direction!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7