Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi rbk50 (RBR50 plus two RBS50) cannot set address reservation

Saved
Aspirant

orbi rbk50 (RBR50 plus two RBS50) cannot set address reservation

I have the Orbi RBK50 kit, consisting of a RBR50 (router) and two RBS50 (Sattelites). I have the updated 2.1.2.18 firmware and am trying to configure IP address reservation, but I coninue to receive an error page on Google Chrome and Internet Expllorer, stating:

"400 Bad Request."  This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

I really beleive it is a Firmware issue.  Any others experiencing the same problem?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
thombe
Apprentice

Re: orbi rbk50 (RBR50 plus two RBS50) cannot set address reservation

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe others have seen this as well. 

I would try FF broswer as well....if it still happens, I would revert back to v2.0.1.4. 

Message 2 of 5
thombe
Apprentice

Message 3 of 5
Saved
Aspirant

This is the Troubleshooting outcome after reading of the 20 characters limitation posted by “thombe.”:

1)  I did confirm there is a 20 characters limit if address reservation is being set.

2)  I noticed if the device name is less than 20 characters, you can rename it to have a total of up to 20 characters thru the “Advanced -> Setup -> Lan Setup -> Address Reservation” page, and it will not allow you to go over the 20 characters limit, therefore automatically avoiding the error page.

3)  I realized that if the device name was automatically populated and was over 20 characters, you will not be able to shorten the name to 20 characters or less as you are setting the Address Reservation.

4)  I realized that if the device name was automatically populated and was over 20 characters, you will need to manually rename it to 20 characters or less by going to the “basic -> attached devices” page, clicking on the device, renaming the device to 20 characters or less, in order to set Address Reservation to that device.

5)  I also realized you can work around the 20 characters limit by renaming the device thru the “basic -> attached devices” page, clicking on the device, renaming the device to 20 + characters, only after the device have been configured to have an address reserved.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Will keep this in mind. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7