Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi rbk50 and hooking it to a backup system

overbye
Aspirant

orbi rbk50 and hooking it to a backup system

All right I'm trying again and if I don't get any help that I understand I'll just blab it on Facebook or turn in my orbi for a new system that i know can connect to a backup machine. So, once again, can i connect my RBK50 to a backup device? How complicated is it?

This board seems to have forgotten or erased my previous queries. It's been a few months since I discovered to my despair that I couldn't just add a storage device. Had I known I would have gone to some other wi-fi router, but having done through the laborious and confusing process of setting these up (and they are working great for wi-fi anyway) I am reluctant to just throw away that investment. But my family and I can not live without backup.

Adding to my confusion I thought I would try to download the new firmware but I could not log into the system and when I went that website it did not recognize me. I don't think I changed by so-called password or user admin name. So I am stuck and very unhappy.

I've abandoned any pretensions I once  had to being a gearhead, so excuse this outburst of ignorance here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for listening,

Dennis

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi rbk50 and hooking it to a backup system

You'll need to refer to the Mfr of the back up device fo help and information. They will have all information regarding there Backup device. 

Message 2 of 4
AC641
Luminary

What type of back-up device are you talking about: NAS, hard drive connected to a USB port etc?  I have a NAS connected via Ethernet (and Powerline Adpaters) and use it for back-ups and for streaming music/video.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@overbye wrote:

This board seems to have forgotten or erased my previous queries. It's been a few months since I discovered to my despair that I couldn't just add a storage device.

Dennis,

There is the community thread with your other query -> https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Does-Orbi-RBK50-support-USB-Connected-hard-drives/m-p/1591962#...

Confirm you are still looking to connect a USB drive (only single drives, no USB multi-bay/port-multiplexers/RAID) to an Orbi and make it available for three macOS system TimeMachine?

Start about here -> Time Machine Backup your files on your Mac

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7