Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: orbi rbr 50 not showing all connected devices

checkleylane
Initiate

orbi rbr 50 not showing all connected devices

Hi,

Since latest firmware update v2.5.0.38 with pretty icons , I once had 60+ devices attached through the router and 3 satelites. Now it shows 3 , some times 20, but never more and the satellites drop in and out. Some thing has gone amiss.

Any help appreciated?

thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

There have been many (many) posts recently about how 2.5.0.38 has trashed the Attached Devices display.  It does not seem to have affected "functionality", so some users have elected to ignore the problem.  Others have manually reloaded the 2.3.5.30 firmware from the web site.  satellites first, then router.  Browse any of the posts with 2.5.0.38 in the title.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

There have been many (many) posts recently about how 2.5.0.38 has trashed the Attached Devices display.  It does not seem to have affected "functionality", so some users have elected to ignore the problem.  Others have manually reloaded the 2.3.5.30 firmware from the web site.  satellites first, then router.  Browse any of the posts with 2.5.0.38 in the title.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 
https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

There is a problem with device naming which NG is aware of. 

Message 3 of 4
checkleylane
Initiate

Thanks,
Hopefully NG will post an update
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation