Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi rbr40 2.3.5.30 firmware Slow my data speed

Meagols
Aspirant

orbi rbr40 2.3.5.30 firmware Slow my data speed

I upgraded the Orbi rbr40 2.3.5.30 firmware on July 10th. My data speed went from 288 mbps to 88 mbps. Any thoughts or fixes, is greatly appreciated
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi rbr40 2.3.5.30 firmware Slow my data speed

Try a power OFF of the ISP modem and ORbi system for 1 minute. Power ON the ISP modem first and let it sync, then power ON the orbi system. 

Test speeds with a wired PC. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a power OFF of the ISP modem and ORbi system for 1 minute. Power ON the ISP modem first and let it sync, then power ON the orbi system. 

Message 2 of 7
Meagols
Aspirant

I use a NG CM700 modem
Message 3 of 7
Meagols
Aspirant

Thank you so much your instructions worked!! Back to normal 😊👍🏿
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
Ccmtbikr
Aspirant

I am having this same issue after update. I had Spectrum replace the modem. Factory reset and set up router again. Unplugged everything and started modem, let it sync and then started router. I don’t know what to do at this point, it’s a waste going back to the previous firmware as it will update over night. Any help would be appreciated. My speeds before the issue were at 460mbs down and 23mbs up. Now speeds wired are at 115mbs down and 29mbs up. Wireless is 165mbs down with 23mbs up.
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a power OFF of the ISP modem and ORbi system for 1 minute. Power ON the ISP modem first and let it sync, then power ON the orbi system. Factory reset the RBR and setup the RBR with a wired PC connected. Walk thru the setup wizard. Write down all important information. 

Don't enable QoS, traffic meter, Circle, Armor or access controls. 

@Ccmtbikr wrote:
I am having this same issue after update. I had Spectrum replace the modem. Factory reset and set up router again. Unplugged everything and started modem, let it sync and then started router. I don’t know what to do at this point, it’s a waste going back to the previous firmware as it will update over night. Any help would be appreciated. My speeds before the issue were at 460mbs down and 23mbs up. Now speeds wired are at 115mbs down and 29mbs up. Wireless is 165mbs down with 23mbs up.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7