Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi schedule does not work

dkpilgrim
Initiate

orbi schedule does not work

I setup orbi schedule to turn off from 12:00 am to 6 am. It did turn off but cannot turn on anymore. need to reset to get wifi work.

Any idea?

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: orbi schedule does not work

Hello dkpilgrim 

What firmware version are you on?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
dkpilgrim
Initiate

1.4.0.34 Thanks!
Message 3 of 6
mattyrasher
Aspirant

I run the latest firmware and I cannot get the schedule feature to work either. I added an off/on period for both radios but it does not actually switch off the wifi. I now can't seem to edit the entries or add to the schedule. It is as thought the function is greyed out. I run my setup in AP mode. Any suggestions?
Message 4 of 6
gfrey
Apprentice

@dkpilgrim wrote:

I setup orbi schedule to turn off from 12:00 am to 6 am. It did turn off but cannot turn on anymore. need to reset to get wifi work.

Any idea?

Check that your Orbi has the correct Date/Time.  I have found mine not picking up the Date/Time from Netgear NTP servers as I use the Block Services per Schedule.  I have even resorted to using Telnet to set the Date/Time manually at times.  My Orbi has the correct Date/Time with the latest firmware after a reboot.  You can check the Date/Time on your Orbi under Advanced tab - Security --> Schedule.  At the bottom will show the Current Time.  I just thought that might be your issue...

Message 5 of 6
iostream
Initiate

i tried setting the schedule to block a certain time. Internet is still up.

Then I tried setting it to block all day everyday. Still doesn't work.

Tried blocking all services and all sites according to schedule (everday all day). Also doesn't do as it should. Internet is still up.

Resetting the router doesn't fix the problem. Schedule still shows all blocked at all times, but internet is still up and nothing is blocked. 

Why hasn't this bug been fixed? Any help please?

Router Firmware Version
V1.12.0.20

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7