Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: orbilogin.com doesn't work after changing to AP mode

ericmcgovern
Apprentice

orbilogin.com doesn't work after changing to AP mode

I am using my Orbi in AP mode, and once I switch it over I can no longer reach the Orbi via orbilogin.com. Is this expected?

Message 1 of 11

@ericmcgovern wrote:

I am using my Orbi in AP mode, and once I switch it over I can no longer reach the Orbi via orbilogin.com. Is this expected?

can here , just make sure you restart everything so all your devices pick up an ip from the upstream router as the subnet will be different

Message 2 of 11
ericmcgovern
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply - restart all devices (computer, nest, etc.) or restart network gear? Gateway, Orbi, etc.?

Message 3 of 11

restart the lot as it all needs to be reset to obtain the right ip range

Message 4 of 11
rjbones
Guide

Can you access its GUI using its IP address? If you did not set a static IP on the AP then you might have to check its current IP from the main router's DHCP list. There were some cases that orbilogin.com does not pull up the GUI after setting up the router to AP mode, but sometimes I can still access it using orbilogin.com. Hence, I prefer using the IP address of the AP that I set on it.

Message 5 of 11
k9kids
Guide

Mines in AP mode and I can restart the Orbi without any restart of my Frontier router. 

Always able to reach login page and login. 

Message 6 of 11
ericmcgovern
Apprentice

I have restartred everything and still no dice on getting to the page via orbilogin.com. I have to go into my modem/router from Comcast dig for the IP, and by manually using the IP I can get to it. Not a huge deal because I don't see myself ever really going to the interface, just odd that it doesn't work.

Message 7 of 11
rjbones
Guide

Let's just probably accept that  " It may or may NOT work" when router is on AP mode  :-).  

Message 8 of 11
fallencreations
Aspirant

Mine does the same thing, but only if I am connected to the satellite. If connected to the base router I can access using orbilogin.

Message 9 of 11
JMU1998
Luminary

I have same issue too can only connect via IP when in A/P mode 

Message 10 of 11
Miles267
Apprentice

Newest firmware still buggy when in AP Mode in general. Disappointing.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7