Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: p2p camera can’t login remotely using WiFi or cell iPhone

Dustrod
Aspirant

p2p camera can’t login remotely using WiFi or cell iPhone

Having trouble access or login to remote P2P camera. It just not working a few weeks ago. If tried different app same issue. It seems the router is blocking access.

When on home network no problem works every time.

Any suggestions welcome
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Please contact the Mfr for help and information regarding this camera. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 17
Dustrod
Aspirant

They said
Currently, there is a server issue affecting WiFi hidden cameras from all companies and manufacturers, including ours. The issue is causing intermittent connectivity issues which has resulted in some customers unable to remotely access their WiFi hidden camera w hen they are not at home.

How is this possible?
Message 3 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

They will have this information. There are many factors that can contribute to internet services and servers. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 17
Tjharris6
Guide

Check the orbi armor!! It tried  the same to a lorex camera saying it was not secure enough.

Message 5 of 17
Dustrod
Aspirant

Did not work
Message 6 of 17

I am having the same issues. I have subscribed and bookmarked this feed to try and find an answer

Message 7 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Loss-of-remote-viewing-of-camera-system/td-p/1802569/jump-to/f...

@the1sonofslam wrote:

I am having the same issues. I have subscribed and bookmarked this feed to try and find an answer

Message 8 of 17
Charlep1
Aspirant

All, not sure if you lot are using iPhone to connect but since IOS13 has been installed I can only connect to my cameras if I the same network. Haven’t tried with android yet but will update as I get access to one.
Message 9 of 17
lkiugh
Aspirant

I have both android and iPhone and both are only able to view cameras if connected to same network.  I am unable to view remotely.  I have even spoken with manufacture's tech support about which ports to open and have met with the same result.  They state that it is Netgears trust list of users not allowing to remote access due to "security concerns"  They recommend using a different brand of router.  Which I am inclined to agree with.

Message 10 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

So did remote access to your cameras work before you upgraded your phone to iOS13? If it did, then this maybe an iOS issue rather then a Orbi issue. 

@Charlep1 wrote:
All, not sure if you lot are using iPhone to connect but since IOS13 has been installed I can only connect to my cameras if I the same network. Haven’t tried with android yet but will update as I get access to one.

Message 11 of 17
lkiugh
Aspirant

Then explain the Android?  This problem started happeneing when I upgraded Netgears FW. I had activated Netgear Armor and that was the start.  The only option everyone gave me was to factory default the router and start from scratch.  I did that and still have the issues.  I've opened NATs and ports to try to fix this issue but nothing works.

Message 12 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

So after resetting the RBR, did you not activate Armor this time? 

Does this do anything>

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Loss-of-remote-viewing-of-camera-system/td-p/1802569/jump-to/f...

Message 13 of 17
lkiugh
Aspirant

thats correct.

Message 14 of 17
Dustrod
Aspirant

I have I phone X. It was the same on iOS 12 an 13. It was happening before I installed my orbi router and armor. I want to say it stoped working in mid June 2019. 4G or LTE did not make a difference. Although it is a router issues. I think it’s also an issue with the phone apps and the servers that will run the camera.

If anyone gets it working remotely with out being on the local network let us know. Looks like a lot have this issue
Message 15 of 17
Charlep1
Aspirant

I tried to login to the cameras remotely using android and it works fine, it also works on iPhone 5s with iOS 12. But I cannot connect with iOS 13 so I guess these p2p apps need to be updated. I have 3 different apps for different types of camera none work remotely on IOS13. I have some different cameras that us HiCAM and CamHi and they work fine on all platforms.
Message 16 of 17
Dustrod
Aspirant

I think it’s dependent on the camera and app. The app you list use QR code’s limited to 15 or 20 characters. I am using P2Plivecam and KEEKOON which do not limit the characters of the UID. My camera has 24 characters plus 2 dash.
Who new it would Be this complex.
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7