Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

paid for support but on hold for an hour

skeller
Aspirant

paid for support but on hold for an hour

the model is RBK22 which is not listed here.  Purchased from Costco & not able to connect to wifi.

I purchased 2 yr support & was told by the 2nd guy he wasn't trained on ORBI... It's been over an hour.  Do I hang up & get my bank to stop the payment & take this stuff back to Costco?  It's late... I was on the phone it Xfinity & Netgear earlier for over an hr... I'm old & this sucks.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
skeller
Aspirant

Re: paid for support but on hold for an hour

Is there really no other router & wifi options for customers that some guy spent 8 hours with support?

I'm returning the product & having my bank cancel the support payment.  This is BS.

good luck y'all.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

@skeller wrote:

the model is RBK22 which is not listed here.  Purchased from Costco & not able to connect to wifi.

I purchased 2 yr support & was told by the 2nd guy he wasn't trained on ORBI... It's been over an hour.  Do I hang up & get my bank to stop the payment & take this stuff back to Costco?  It's late... I was on the phone it Xfinity & Netgear earlier for over an hr... I'm old & this sucks.

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@skeller wrote:

Purchased from Costco & not able to connect to wifi.

"This sucks" is a gross understatement.  Truly fortunate that Costco has a great return policy.

Would you care to share exactly what "2 yr support" was purchased?

Netgear provides 90 days of "complimentary support" with a new purchase, so this 2 yr. contract was for....?

I believe there is no urgency in the Costco return.  "not able to connect to WiFi" is sort of vague.  Maybe some further explanation would enable community volunteers on the forum to find a solution for you.  For example when the Orbi is taken out of the box and powered on - not connected to anything at all - not the Xfinity - nothing, it is supposed to power up for about two minutes and then begin broadcasting WiFi with the network name (SSID) and password printed on the product label.  Any device that does WiFi (laptop, cell phone, tablet, etc.) should detect this SSID and connect to it.  Without the internet connection, of course, there is not much that can be done, but it should connect.  Are you saying that this does not happen?

Message 4 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

I was just on hold for 45 minutes waiting to get a question answered about a wall mount for a new purchase. Finally they came to the phone and could not answer the question. So it's not just support, but also sales and pre-sales. But in defense of them, the competitors are the same as well.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7