Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: parental control Schedule device connection

Crg1
Star

parental control Schedule device connection

I am looking for scheduling control over specific connected devices to allow or disallow internet connection. I don't see that with Orbie or with the Genie or with the parental control page. I previously owned a WRT1900 and that software on Web and Mobile did allow me to control internet access per device in the parental controls - However, I do not see that function in this new Orbie controls either on web or mobile.

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Crg1

Orbi does not have the function to individually control devices access.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
Crg1
Star

Will it come at some time or is there a workaround? My older WRT1900 had it in the web and mobile app.

Message 3 of 6
JGold
Tutor

This feature would be incredibly helpful, and is very common on routers.

Specially, the ability to turn on/off access by device (not IP) based on a schedule.  For example, I would like to automatically turn off access to the gaming console between 10 PM and 9 AM every day, turn off smartphone between 4 PM and 7 PM on weekdays, etc, etc.

Please advise.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 6
RUDY06
Aspirant

Agreed!

Scheduling is a very big missing component.  

Netgear...please advise if this option will be added.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 5 of 6
chrisyng
Initiate

You can always utilize the "Block Services" and "schedule" functions under the security tab of your router..

Create a rule to filter out all TCP service for specific IPs under the Block Services section and set it to "Per Schedule" , then go into the "Schedule" tab and set up the time frame you want things to be blocked..

Not quite as simple as some other router's parental controls, however provides the same results

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7