Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

password recovery fails

xgriff
Aspirant

password recovery fails

Hi,

Been very impressed by the Orbi RBK53 (Router plus 2 satellites) since my first attempt at mesh wifi failed with a BT Wholehome product. 

My issue today is that the app has upgraded on my iphone and now requires me to login again. I've forgotten the password - or at least my expected password fails. Following instructions on how to recover password offers me up 2 security questions : one question I did set up, but another question that I certainly didn't set up. Therefore I can't get past this recovery phase, and therefore can't login to the app. 

Also, attempts to contact Support via the MyNetgear are failing - it's asking me at every turn to upload proof of purchase, which it happily submits (my Amazon receipt as a PDF), however it doesn't offer me any idea that it's going to do anything about it, and keeps asking me for proof of purchase again and again. Hence my turning to the Community! I'm well within my 90 days support, but can't find a phone number, or a link to a Chat line etc. Ideas gratefully received.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: password recovery fails

Can you log into the routers web page with a PC and browser and get in that way? Then walk thru the set up wizard...

Message 2 of 4
xgriff
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply ; I'm attempting the password recovery through a browser on my Mac, and that's where it's getting stuck. I'm going in through routerlogin.net  but I've also tried orbilogin.com and orbilogin.net - and each one asks me the same 2 security questions, one of which I've definitely not set up.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to factory reset the router base and then walk thru the setup wizard. This will ask you the two security questions. Write them down for safe keeping and use later on if need.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7