Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

pink dot by router on app

cfront
Aspirant

pink dot by router on app

For some reason on the network map on my router, a pink dot appears next to the router but the satellite is green. (See attached). I've tried a factory reset. Rebooting my AT&T router. Suggestions?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: pink dot by router on app

@cfront wrote:
For some reason on the network map on my router, a pink dot appears next to the router but the satellite is green. (See attached). I've tried a factory reset. Rebooting my AT&T router. Suggestions?

Did not find attachment, sorry.

The "app" shows a green dot when the satellite is connected to the router.  The satellite dot has no relevance to the router dot.

The router dot shows status of the internet connection.

So, the app is saying that (a) the satellite is successfully connected to the router, but (b) the router is not successfully connected to the internet.  My first step would be to confirm this.  i.e. the device running the Orbi app is obviously connected to the Orbi WiFi network.

When you open a web browser, does the internet come up correctly?

Message 2 of 3
cfront
Aspirant

Re: pink dot by router on app

Thank you for you help. It seems that the Orbi's default IP address was conflcting with my ATT router after a factory reset. Thank you for your help. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7