Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: point to point distance

englemt
Aspirant

point to point distance

I am considering buying this for my father.  He has a garage that is about 120 feet away from his house.  I can put both Orbi's in a window and they will have line of sight.  Do you have any guidance on this type of distance and going through standard single pane glass? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
netwrks
Master

Glass is not your friend, (deflector) in wireless environments.  And, the distance may also be an issue. If you decide to try, make sure you that you can get a full refund, if it does not work out.. If at all possible, consider an outdoor Access Point, with a proper outdoor Ethernet cable buried..

Message 2 of 3

as long as the glass windows are not tinted there shopuld be little issue ( tinting contains metal film ) the distance shouldnt be an issue here 

a simple test with your current wireless router located at one window and a laptop at the other window 

if you get pretty good connectivity with the test above than the orbi should work fine 

pete

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7