Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: poor satellite connection

encrawford
Tutor

poor satellite connection

I have an RBR40 and two satellite RBS20's.  The main router is located in the basement (where my ISP enters the house) and I have a satellite on each of the first floor and second floor.  I have daisychained apology turned on.  I noticed today that the satellite on the second floor has a poor backhaul connection because it appears to be trying to connect to the router in the basement instead of the satellite on the first floor.  Any ideas why it's trying to connect to device two floors away?  especially since the satellite on the first floor is immediately below the satellite on the third floor

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

It might be a distance issue. They require a minimum of 30ft between them to connect properly. If they're lined up floor to floor, you're probably less than the 30ft and that'd be way the top floor is attempting to connect to the basement. 

What firmware are you on?

Is the router in your utility room? (hvac does a great job of blocking signals)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

It might be a distance issue. They require a minimum of 30ft between them to connect properly. If they're lined up floor to floor, you're probably less than the 30ft and that'd be way the top floor is attempting to connect to the basement. 

What firmware are you on?

Is the router in your utility room? (hvac does a great job of blocking signals)

Message 2 of 3
encrawford
Tutor

thank you for the reply.  I will try moving the satellite on the second floor to the opposite side of the house.  Satellite to an satellite one are definitely inside the 30 foot range currently.  I don't have any option to change the location of the router in the basement.  It's not in the utility room currently but it's where the ISP comes into my house and where the modem is

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7