Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: poor wireless performance on devices connected to orbi router

tadBR
Guide

poor wireless performance on devices connected to orbi router

I am experiencing very bad wifi performance on devices connected to orbi router with instability and wifi speeds below 100mbps (tested with wi-fi sweetspots) in front of the router. Speed when devices are connected to orbi sattelite are far better (300mbps average). I have changed wifi channels but still had the same results.

1.Anyone with the same problem? any idea to solve it?

2. are orbi router radios different from orbi sattelite wifi radios?

my firmware version 1.4.0.18 (last to the date)

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello tadBR

You may want to try and factory reset the router to make sure it was not a issue with a setting but if that does persist contact support as they can figure out if that is a defect or not in the unit and replace it if needed.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello tadBR 

What is your Internet speed and what type of devices are getting the slow speeds?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
tadBR
Guide

My internet speed is 120mbps by cable
My devices are mostly apple devices like iphone 7, airpads, a new macbook 12 and a samsung notebook and a synology nas.
When devices are connected to the sattelite, the have 300mbps average speed. When they are conected i have 10-20 mbps average and a very unstable connection. I can't even get 100mbps when connected to the router.
Message 3 of 5
GaryInEdmond
Guide

I would call their customer support as this is not the typical experience.  I regularly get over Mbps on my desktop computer connected via wifi.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/7377337

In areas that didn't have wifi coverage before the Orbi I get over 100Mbps.

When you call customer support, there is, or at least there was, an option specifically for the Orbi.

Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello tadBR

You may want to try and factory reset the router to make sure it was not a issue with a setting but if that does persist contact support as they can figure out if that is a defect or not in the unit and replace it if needed.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7