Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

purchased used RBR50 can't login

aorlikoff
Aspirant

purchased used RBR50 can't login

Purchased a used RBR50.  Default p/w not working.   Can't recover as I don't know the security questions or the previous owners email.

Have tried the paper clip reset but that doesn't change it.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: purchased used RBR50 can't login

@aorlikoff wrote:

Purchased a used RBR50.  Default p/w not working.   Can't recover as I don't know the security questions or the previous owners email.

Sometimes I have to hold the paperclip in that tiny "reset" hole longer than I think necessary. That is the only way to reset the router to "admin" and "password" for the login credentials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

There are some people who believe that it works better to hold the paperclip in for 30 seconds, press the power button off (while still holding the paperclip), wait 30 seconds, then press the power button on (while still holding the paperclip) for another 30 seconds.  This is commonly called the "30-30-30" method.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: purchased used RBR50 can't login

@aorlikoff wrote:

Sometimes I have to hold the paperclip in that tiny "reset" hole longer than I think necessary. That is the only way to reset the router to "admin" and "password" for the login credentials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

There are some people who believe that it works better to hold the paperclip in for 30 seconds, press the power button off (while still holding the paperclip), wait 30 seconds, then press the power button on (while still holding the paperclip) for another 30 seconds.  This is commonly called the "30-30-30" method.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7