Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"Orbi Not Found" Orbi RBK30-100NAS

mrjordan
Tutor

"Orbi Not Found" Orbi RBK30-100NAS

My Orbi app says "Orbi Not Found" and won't complete the app setup process....but the network itself is functioning correctly. Full speed. Default firmware as of an hour ago. I don't have access to that info right now because the app won't finish setting up.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: "Orbi Not Found" Orbi RBK30-100NAS

Try a setup with a ethernet connected PC or laptop and a web browser pointed at 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.net. 

Message 2 of 8
mrjordan
Tutor

Ah there we go, router firmware is V1.8.0.4.

App running on iOS 14, getting 160Mbps down on my PC connected to the Orbi network, which is the expected (improved) speed. The app just isn't recognizing the Orbi router for some reason. I haven't changed the SSID. One sattellite unit.

Message 3 of 8
Mstrbig
Master

@mrjordan wrote:

Ah there we go, router firmware is V1.8.0.4.

App running on iOS 14, getting 160Mbps down on my PC connected to the Orbi network, which is the expected (improved) speed. The app just isn't recognizing the Orbi router for some reason. I haven't changed the SSID. One sattellite unit.

Go to:

https://www.netgear.com/support/download/

and download the firmware starting with the oldes one. I'm not sure what order you need to update, but it is probably firmware related, as your firmware is old. Latest is 2.5.1.16

Message 4 of 8
mrjordan
Tutor

Yeah, interesting. It detected and installed new firmware for the satellite unit but not the router:

Model NameDevice NameCurrent VersionStatus
RouterRBR40RBR40V1.8.0.4No new firmware version available.
SatelliteRBW30RBW30V2.3.5.6No new firmware version available.

I'll try downloading / installing manually.

Message 5 of 8
mrjordan
Tutor

I downloaded the latest RBR40 firmware from here: https://www.netgear.com/support/download/

(RBR40-V2.5.1.16.img)

After uploading it said "The firmware file is incorrect!"... I also tried downloading the previous version and the version right after the one it's on. 

Message 6 of 8
Iknowbetter
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Try a setup with a ethernet connected PC or laptop and a web browser pointed at 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.net. 

Absolutely not helpful. Read the OP as they are speaking of the Orbi APP. I have the same problem. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies