Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: rbk50 firmware update problem

rp100
Follower

rbk50 firmware update problem

I recently contacted support about my Orbi system dropping it's connection frequently.  I have a RBK 50 router with one RBK 50 satellite and one RBK20 satellite.  They told me to do a factory reset and then update my firmware.  They gave me a link to a page with a long set of instructions requiring connecting to the router with a computer with an Ethernet cable.  First, it seems like there should be a way to more easily update firmware within the app.  Is this not available.  Second, my laptop is a newer computer with no ethernet port.  How can I connect to the router directly if I don't have an ethernet port?  Do you have to go through this everytime they update firmware?

Thanks to anyone with suggestions

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: rbk50 firmware update problem

You could wirelessly connect your PC to the RBS and RBRs web page if the RBS and RBR are setup and wirelessly synce. You can connect to the RBS web page and updaete FW there, then do same on RBRs web page with a wireless PC.

USB to ethernet adapters are pretty inexpensive to get. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7