Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rbk50 no wifi sh

Friasfamily2
Aspirant

rbk50 no wifi sh

just bought a second hand rbk50 with a satelitte and when i resetted the devices and run the App to set up new device my WIFI on my phone or ipad cant find the signal and sometimes it finds the signal but fails to connect,can anyone help please called support and they wanna charge $89.99 for 6 months , good job on times like this 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: rbk50 no wifi sh

Anytime you're starting second hand, its best to start with a factory reset. push and hold reset for 8-15 seconds while powered on. Get back to factory settings. 

Then i'd recommend following the gui setup process (using the browser) and not the app. It tends to go better/smoother. 

What firmware is on your rbk53 system? 

what modem is it connected to? 

Message 2 of 4
Friasfamily2
Aspirant

It won’t let connect via web browser because it doesn’t find a signal. I top it turns white and I have seen it turn green then red the back to white. Can any help
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@Friasfamily2 wrote:
It won’t let connect via web browser because it doesn’t find a signal. I top it turns white and I have seen it turn green then red the back to white. Can any help

What do you mean it won't let connect via web browser? you mean you were able to setup the router and can't get the satellite to synce. you weren't able to setup the router. You need to be specific to what steps you're doing, to what device you're doing it on, and whats failing. 

Did you reset both router and satellite? 

Have you tried hardwiring into the router for setup? 

what firmware is on your units?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7