Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: rbr40 + 2 satellite rbw30 lost wifi password

pikkolomondano
Aspirant

rbr40 + 2 satellite rbw30 lost wifi password

i ve this system orbi router rbr40 always connected in perfect condition and 2 satellite connected in 5ghz  (2 meter of distance one satellite form other with a big wall in the middle).

2,4 and 5 ghz are in perfect frequency  with no other wifi network near.

Problem is that on 2nd satellite wifi radius, when i try to connect.... wifi network is seen correctly but it's impossible to connect because satellite tell me wifi password is incorrect. 

in the meanwhile maybe other dispositive connected before reamins connected and other disconnected...... 

If i switch off and after switch on..... all return in perfect condition.

I try downloading firmware but after little time orbi automatically re-upgrade firmware. 

I ve no problem with only 1 satellite..... but i need 2

any suggestion?????? tx all

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the satellite and re-add it to the system.

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

Message 2 of 7
pikkolomondano
Aspirant

i try 2 times a factory reset...... router and 2 satellite...... 

distance from router to 1st satellite is around  20 feet and from router to 2nd satellite around 40/45 feet. from 1st to 2nd satellite aorund 10 feet.. but with a big wall in the middle (reinforced concrete). All satellites give me good connection message and blue led

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

only other idea would be to download the FW file for the RBW and do a manual re-load of FW. Use IE11 or FF browser. Then factory reset and set it up from scratch. You might remove it first from the RBR40, then go for FW load. Also maybe change the PW on the router to something different and see if the problem continues. 

I would get the 1st satellite out to 30 feet. 20feet is a bit too close. 

Message 4 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@pikkolomondano wrote:

.............Problem is that on 2nd satellite wifi radius, when i try to connect.... wifi network is seen correctly but it's impossible to connect because satellite tell me wifi password is incorrect. 

This can happen because of loss of IP connectivity between the Satellite and Router. Please try the following:

1. Please set IP address reservation for the Satellite in the DHCP reservation.

2. Please make sure that you don't have 2-router setting. PPlease make sure that your ISP modem/router is bridged and does not act as a second DHCP server.

Message 5 of 7
pikkolomondano
Aspirant

i bridged modem/router, but after a couple of hours problem is starting again. 

Now i ve made an hard reset, put orbi router in AP Mode and set fixed ip adress on modem/router for orbi router and satellites. Last i put dhcp lease on 48 hours.

For now it seems to be ok..... but i want to test it for a week.... to be sure.

Message 6 of 7
ekhalil
Master

Great. This should work.
Please keep us updated of how it goes.
Good luck.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos