Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rbr40 with.58

Lonedaddy
Aspirant

rbr40 with.58

I have an rbr 40 with 3 rbs20, a rbs50 and outdoor satellites. Since I downloaded the firmware 58, I have been getting all sorts of dropping issues. All the sats are wired except the outdoor. The fire sticks are wired to the orbis or direct to the switch which is fed by the rbr40. The TVs will periodically freeze, the computer in WiFi will lose internet for a few minutes . The iPhone takes 2-3 minutes to connect to the WiFi, one of the wired sats shows disconnected sometimes and sometimes connected . Most downloads are slow or disconnect after a time out.The amazon echos sometimes are ion and sometimes off. The haiku lights won’t connect even though they were connected before. When I do a speed check on the internet it is fine 16 up/down, but not getting to the equipment though the orbi router. I’ll be connected to the WiFi but sometimes when I try to get into the orbi app it says I’m not connected even though i am. Very confusing seems like the rbr40 router just can’t dish out the signal properly. Thoughts ? And for a plug and play high end system Netgear really dropped the ball. Imagine a car, appliance or tv operating like this all with 90 day support
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: rbr40 with.58

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch...

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: rbr40 with.58

Any progress on this? 

@Lonedaddy wrote:
I have an rbr 40 with 3 rbs20, a rbs50 and outdoor satellites. Since I downloaded the firmware 58, I have been getting all sorts of dropping issues. All the sats are wired except the outdoor. The fire sticks are wired to the orbis or direct to the switch which is fed by the rbr40. The TVs will periodically freeze, the computer in WiFi will lose internet for a few minutes . The iPhone takes 2-3 minutes to connect to the WiFi, one of the wired sats shows disconnected sometimes and sometimes connected . Most downloads are slow or disconnect after a time out.The amazon echos sometimes are ion and sometimes off. The haiku lights won’t connect even though they were connected before. When I do a speed check on the internet it is fine 16 up/down, but not getting to the equipment though the orbi router. I’ll be connected to the WiFi but sometimes when I try to get into the orbi app it says I’m not connected even though i am. Very confusing seems like the rbr40 router just can’t dish out the signal properly. Thoughts ? And for a plug and play high end system Netgear really dropped the ball. Imagine a car, appliance or tv operating like this all with 90 day support

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7