Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rbr50 orbi

ziggyray
Aspirant

rbr50 orbi

what should someone expect for speeds if you have 280ish coming into orbi what should be avearge out speed for wireless and for wired? the speed test thru netgear or the router is consistantly higher than coming out of router wired or wireless

speed test are at wall jack+280

speed test on orbi app=250

speed test on wired mac=150

speed test on wireless=80

so tryin to figure out why I cant get close to what the router says it has comin in and why cant I get close to that same speed comin out of orbi either wired or wireless? how much loss should their be?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: rbr50 orbi

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What OS is loaded on the Mac? 

What wireless device are you using? 

How many RBS are deployed? 

Test with the RBS turned OFF.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 5
Fl1ntstone
Apprentice

Hi,

As far as wireless goes it will depend whether the wireless client is connecting on 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz and what WiFi protocols you are using 802.11n or 802.11ac?  5Ghz with 802.11ac would give you the best throughput.

CheerZ

Message 3 of 5
ziggyray
Aspirant

Hello it is on 5g mostly but I have been everywhere in this router and cant see how to check or change the 802.11ac

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You can't check or change wifi modes on Orbi. IT's all automatic. 

Please give feedback to the questions presented...

@ziggyray wrote:

Hello it is on 5g mostly but I have been everywhere in this router and cant see how to check or change the 802.11ac

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7