Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: rbs 50 satellite will not sync with rbr50 router

indypharmd
Aspirant

rbs 50 satellite will not sync with rbr50 router

I have an Orbi Wi Fi mesh rbr50/rbs50 system that won't connect a satellite unit.

I've factory reset multiple times and downgraded the router server to a 1.10.x version (was on latest). I cannot get the satellite to connect at all. Is there a way to physically update the firmware on the satellite? I cannot even see it from the admin page nor app. Have a Mac, fwiw...

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the satellite on the same FW version? 

Try connecting your mac via wired LAN cable to the back of the satellite...

Message 2 of 7
indypharmd
Aspirant

I tried connecting via ethernet cable to the satellite, but it didn't pick up an ip address. Is there specific manner in which to connect directly to the satellite to upload a file manually?

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you connect the satellite to the router or did you connect your PC to the satellite? I believe you can connect your PC to the satellite...

@DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
indypharmd
Aspirant

yes, directly plugged into ethernet point on the mac and the satellite. Ran ifconfig in terminal and no listing for eth0...

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Only other idea that should work, down grade the router base to what you believe is on the satellite, if you know. Use same FW file on the router. If you can get to this point, the satellite should then connect, I would immediately update the satelliteto v.16, then upgrade the base to v.16 lastly.

I would contact NG support for help and information on this if you can't get the satllite updated or connected... 

Message 6 of 7
waynealight
Apprentice

just to make sure were covering all the bases.

When you reset the satellite, your inserting basically a paperclip into the small hole, holding it for 30 seconds until it resets? 

What sync procedure are you following?  Typically you will want to have both in the same room for this.  with both powered on and booted. press the sync button on the router until the lights come on, then press the sync on the satellite, lights will come on and its trying to sync.  It will take a few minutes for this to happen.    

Also the satellite does not have any dhcp ability 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7