Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rbs50 v2 satellite drop

paperlai
Aspirant

rbs50 v2 satellite drop

Hi all

I have an RBR50 (v2.5.1.16) with 2 RBS50v2 satellites (v2.5.1.16).

All have been updated to the latest firmware according to the app.

so I have one satellite (call it A) in the home office where my wife workds and another satellite in the dinning area where I work (call it B).

I noticed that the laptop I was using kept on frequently dropping the network connection when I was working in the dinning area , so I firstly rebooted the whole system and I still had the same problems.  Next I hardware reset the system and when connected and still have the same issues.  

when I was working upstairs in the home office the connection didn't drop at all and was stable.

I then decided to swap the upstairs satellite (A) with the downstairs satellite (B) and this time round the upstairs connection when using satelitte A kept on dropping.

Does this imply a hardware issue with Satellite A? 

Not sure how the customer service works now that I have a hardware contract but no email or phone support, so I thought I would post on the forum.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
Mstrbig
Master

Re: rbs50 v2 satellite drop

@paperlai wrote:

Hi all

I noticed that the laptop I was using kept on frequently dropping the network connection when I was working in the dinning area , so I firstly rebooted the whole system and I still had the same problems.  Next I hardware reset the system and when connected and still have the same issues.  

when I was working upstairs in the home office the connection didn't drop at all and was stable.

I then decided to swap the upstairs satellite (A) with the downstairs satellite (B) and this time round the upstairs connection when using satelitte A kept on dropping.

Does this imply a hardware issue with Satellite A? 

I'll assume the new Satellite "A" is the old "B", and you are calling it "A" because you moved it upstairs? So upstairs was good, downstairs was bad, you swapped them, not downstairs is good and upstairs is bad?

Try resetting the satellite and re-pairing it again in close proximity to the router. Then move it to your desired location.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7