Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rbs50

RBSRAO
Follower

rbs50

I have RBS50 connected to RBR50, the backhaul status on RBS50 shows as poor. I have upgraded the firmware to latest version V2.7.0.70 and I have tried taking the satellite closer to Router. Still the same message as "poor" under backhaul status. Please let me know how I can resolve this issue? Thank you!!

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: rbs50

"Poor" means that the satellite cannot get a strong signal from the router.  Although 30ft. (10 meters) is often recommended as a recommended distance from the router, radio signals are sensitive to both distance and building materials.

I suggest an experiment.

• Relocate the satellite to the same room as the router.  (Yes, the same room.)
    The satellite should report "good".  If it does not, there is a problem.
  • Move the satellite slightly farther away, say to the next room.
    "Good" again?  Move farther.
  • At some point, the satellite will change from "Good" to "Poor".  That is too far.

Sometimes even a small change in placement or orientation will make a big difference.  I found that placing a satellite where the signal had to penetrate every stud in a wall was "not good" and moving the satellite a few feet away made the signal satisfactory.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: rbs50

"Poor" means that the satellite cannot get a strong signal from the router.  Although 30ft. (10 meters) is often recommended as a recommended distance from the router, radio signals are sensitive to both distance and building materials.

I suggest an experiment.

• Relocate the satellite to the same room as the router.  (Yes, the same room.)
    The satellite should report "good".  If it does not, there is a problem.
  • Move the satellite slightly farther away, say to the next room.
    "Good" again?  Move farther.
  • At some point, the satellite will change from "Good" to "Poor".  That is too far.

Sometimes even a small change in placement or orientation will make a big difference.  I found that placing a satellite where the signal had to penetrate every stud in a wall was "not good" and moving the satellite a few feet away made the signal satisfactory.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7