Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: rbw30 won't connect to router and I can't manually update firmware

Miller2x
Aspirant

rbw30 won't connect to router and I can't manually update firmware

My Orbi Wall Plug Satellite RBW30 was not showing up as being connected to my router (RBR40).  I tried syncing it, but that didn't work, so then ended up deleting it from my account on the website to see if that would start fresh to connect it.... but it didn't.  Now I can't manually update the firmware as I found instructions to do, because it isn't showing up in my account since I deleted it.  Is there a way to connect it back to my account with the ip or mac address or something so that I can manually update the firmware?

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you disable WiFi security mode on the RBR temporarily. Then try to add the RBW to the RBR while in the same room as the RBR. Does it connect then long enough to update FW on the RBW?  Use the sync button on the RBR first then press the button on the RBW. You might factory rest the RBW first, then try to add it. 

If this fails, re-enabled wifi security on the RBR and contact NG support. 

Message 2 of 4
Miller2x
Aspirant

thank you for your advice.  I was optimistic for it to work, but unfortunately it still won't connect.  I will try to connect to netgear support.  

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Thanks for letting us know. Hope they can get you going. 

@Miller2x wrote:

thank you for your advice.  I was optimistic for it to work, but unfortunately it still won't connect.  I will try to connect to netgear support.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7