Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

resetting password for RBS20 ORBI satellite

Jolly22
Tutor

resetting password for RBS20 ORBI satellite

My RBS20 must be old - seems to work fine however - except the internet went down in our Anchorage neighborhood and when putting in the password it's comming up "invalid password" for all devices that had already been set up.  Do I need to change the password and how do I do that?

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 3

Re: resetting password for RBS20 ORBI satellite

Greetings,

The RBS20 is a sattelite.  You do not typically log into a sattelite on your mesh system, instead log into the main router and control the sattelite that way.  You can upgrade its FW, and resync it with the main router if needed.

Direct log into a sattelite is not needed, but it does use the same credentials as the main router.  The backhaul password is different, if this is what you are looking to change, you can review page 84 of the user guide:

Orbi WiFi System (netgear.com)

Again however, there is no need to individually manage a sattelite, since everything can be configured through the main router's GUI (central point of management).

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: resetting password for RBS20 ORBI satellite

Be sure your RBS is synced correctly with the RBR. PW on the RBS will be the same as what you set for the admin log in PW on the RBR. 

Be sure FW is the same on the RBS as what you have on the RBR as well. 

@Jolly22 wrote:

My RBS20 must be old - seems to work fine however - except the internet went down in our Anchorage neighborhood and when putting in the password it's comming up "invalid password" for all devices that had already been set up.  Do I need to change the password and how do I do that?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7