Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: router won't connect to modem

grumpy63
Tutor

router won't connect to modem

I recently moved and recieved a new modem from specrtrum. i have an older netgear router that will connect to modem fine.  My orbi will not connect to the internet. any suggestions?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
grumpy63
Tutor

I got it connected. Thanks for your reply. I had to delete and reinstall the app in order to re set up the router. All is good. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

What is the brand and model of the new modem? Is it a modem only or does it have a router as well?

Message 2 of 7
grumpy63
Tutor

its a hiltron technologies. i couldn't find a model number.  its internet and voice only. No cable.

Message 3 of 7
ekhalil
Master

How many Ethernet port does the modem have in the back?
Message 4 of 7
grumpy63
Tutor

It on;y has one ehternet port.

Message 5 of 7
ekhalil
Master

1. Are you able to access internet when you connect a computer directly to the modem?
  2. When you connect Orbi to the modem, will the LED ring on the Orbi Router light any color? Does the LED ring color change if Orbi is connected or not?
  3. Are you able to connect to the Orbi web GUI by browsing to 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.com?
Message 6 of 7
grumpy63
Tutor

I got it connected. Thanks for your reply. I had to delete and reinstall the app in order to re set up the router. All is good. Thanks again.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7