Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

school and work laptops will not connect with new orbi rbr40 router

jyoakum
Follower

school and work laptops will not connect with new orbi rbr40 router

Hi!  I am a tech novice so any advice is greatly appreciated.  I installed an Orbi RBR40 router last Sunday and added several devices.  The installation and connectivity for the various devices worked without issue.  Tonight, I've attempted to connect my daughter's school laptop and my work laptop to the the network.  Both of these devices connected without issue to the prior router network.  Each time I attempt to connect on each device (Surface Pro and HP Elite Book 840), I receive a message from Windows Network Diagnostics that there is a problem with the wireless adapter or access point.  I've followed the instructions to run the diagnostics then shut off and restart the computer to no avail.  Any thoughts on how to fix this?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: school and work laptops will not connect with new orbi rbr40 router

Did you name the SSID the same as the old router? if so you may need to go in the wireless settings of the laptops and remove the network and try to reconnect them.

'

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7