Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

security arm

drfardad
Follower

security arm

how do i change the Arm security service.  some websites are being blocked.  unable to make the change on my orbi mobile app

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: security arm

Security arm? Do you mean wifi security mode? 

WIfi security mode would not be blocking web sites.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

To make changes to the RBR router, you need to use a PC or laptop and a web browser and log into the RBRs web page to make changes. 

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@drfardad wrote:

how do i change the Arm security service.  some websites are being blocked.  unable to make the change on my orbi mobile app

If "Arm" refers to Bitdefender Armor, there is a community forum devoted entirely to this product:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor 

(I have never activated Armor, but...) My understanding is that the Orbi app has a method to disable Armor and people have reported both success and failure using the app to do that.  In that case, it is time to get out the paperclip, do a Factory Reset, and set the Orbi up and not activate Armor this time.

Or... maybe someone on the Armor forum will have a better answer!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Who da thunk. 

Thanks ChrimpOn. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation