Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: security

Daru
Aspirant

security

If I have a strong password on my Orbi wifi network, 20 random characters, does a hacker have to get though that to get to my computers? Or is there a way around that?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Daru
Aspirant

Thank you. That's what I thouight, Wanted to make sure. Have an indivdual I believe as hacked me; possiible to decode shorter passwords, but network code needed only once. Seems like the most efficient way to protect.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Daru wrote:

If I have a strong password on my Orbi wifi network, 20 random characters, does a hacker have to get though that to get to my computers? Or is there a way around that?

Strong WiFi password is the first line of defense to prevent hacker from gaining access to your internal network.  The second line of defense is your computer password/firewall/encryption.  The last line of defense is you!  Hacker can gain access to your computer by means of fishing emails, click-bait, etc., 

Message 2 of 4
Daru
Aspirant

Thank you. That's what I thouight, Wanted to make sure. Have an indivdual I believe as hacked me; possiible to decode shorter passwords, but network code needed only once. Seems like the most efficient way to protect.

Message 3 of 4
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Yeah - If possible, use auto-generated password by a browser/iPhone or some other security tool, which is far more complex and secured normal pass phrase.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7