Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

setting up an ORBI with a AT&T U-Verse Pace 5268AC

jrmurf
Initiate

setting up an ORBI with a AT&T U-Verse Pace 5268AC

I have had my ORBI set up for a while but we are just noticing it is interferring with our download speeds

I have it wired to my Pace 5268AC, which I disabled the Wi-Fi and put the ORBI in AP Mode

my speeds flucuate from 1 to 3 Mbps, but when I unplug my ORBI from the Pace 5268AC my speed jumps to 6Mbps

What am I missing or what else can I do, it creates a very difficult Wi-Fi system to count on

Thanks for any help you can offer

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
RonV42
Luminary

Re: setting up an ORBI with a AT&T U-Verse Pace 5268AC

If I am reading your post properly you plug the orbi in the AT&T Uverse 5268ac the speed drops and is unpredictable?  I asssume you are using the "WAN" port on the Orbi and plugging it into port 1-4 on the 5268ac.  Have you tried a different cable  or a differnt port on the 5268ac?  Usually pluggin a device into the uverse gateway shouldn't effect the speed of the device or perfomrnace unless there is a hardware issue such as cable or device.  

What services do you subscribe to with U-verse in addtional to internet access?  How are you measureing performance?

Message 2 of 5
juniormint88
Tutor

I turned off WiFi on the Pace modem and attached the Orbi to one of the ports. Then I went into the modem and put the Orbi into DMZ+ mode (bridge mode). No issues so far.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 5

+1 juniormint88 I just configured the same setup with my Orbi system....put the AT&T gateway(5268ac) into passthrough mode using DMZ+ and didn't have an issues at all regarding a decrease in speed, etc......

Message 4 of 5
jrmurf
Initiate

thank you all, I will try everything you suggested

I really appreciate the help!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation