Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: setup of new satellite, issues with previous satellite router on and off internet and connection

sydwld
Aspirant

setup of new satellite, issues with previous satellite router on and off internet and connection

Wow, everything I try to do with Netgear is so frustrating.  I have spent half a day now trying to resolve an issue, trying to reach customer service.  Its impossible, at least for me.  Anyhow, have a RBR40 router and RBW30 satellite installed for less than a year. Just bought another satellite RBW30 to see if it would help relieve internet connection issues.  Cannot get the router to see it.  Supposed to have 90 days service with new product but can't figure out how to reach customer service.  Its a hair pulling experience.  Every time I click any link that says customer support it knocks me out of being logged in to the web site.  Logging in was a nightmore too.  I had an account with Netgear for previuos equipment.  I tried signing it.  It won't let me, so I try password reset.   It says no account on that email address.  Really?  So I go to set up a new account with that email and voila, it tells me I can't because there already is an account on that email address.  Geez.  Finally get an account  and get new satellite registered, but still can get support.  We've had lots of issues with the wifi and internet with the RBR40 and previuos satellite.  (xfinity is internet provider but we have had them here and replaced modems repeatedly, and it doesn't fix the spotty internet signal issues).  Internet on our imac, apple macbook air, iphones, apple watches, etc., all shows internet coming on and going off all throughout the day.  This affects television (xfinity signal on wireless boxes as well).  Help.  Would like to get the new satellite installed and see if it helps.  Need to talk to someone from netgear.  

Model: RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: setup of new satellite, issues with previous satellite router on and off internet and connection

Does the system work with just the router base and 1 satellite only?

How big is your home? Sq Ft?

Distance between router and satellites?

FW loaded on each device currently?

Message 2 of 5
sydwld
Aspirant

Thank you for answering.  Yes, router and 1 satellite are working.  Home is over 6,000 sq ft...I know, that shows other problems here 🙂  Anyway, I have registered the product but still can't get new product 90 day support, just goes in a loop and logs me off if I click that button.  Only thing I can think is that they want me to upload proof of purchase but when I click that link it does nothing so I can't upload.  Our son who is a computer engr will be here this weekend.  I will show him your set up.  Perhaps it will help him.  

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Sydwld

yes if you are still having issues with support please Pm me I will have support fix the issue.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7