Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: slow Download speed RBR50

TBaker
Aspirant

slow Download speed RBR50

I have 1Gig internet with suddenlink hooked to a ARRIS surfboard SB6190 and the RBK50 router satellite system everything updated to current firmware normally i always read around 800-900mbps on orbi app lately ive been reading around 450 suddenlink tech came out to check everything out hooked into modem and was getting 986mpbs hooked into back of RBR50 and couldnt get a stable reading he said it was jumping between 8mbps to 50 and was unstable coming out of router so i know my issue is the router any ideas? is my router toast or could this be a firmware issue just curious before i go buy a new system. any help would be appreciated

tech also reported upload speed at modem was 54 and upload at router was 52 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

What version of firmware do you have installed on the RBR50 and any RBS50 satellites?  Firmware v2.5.1.8 is the latest version, available from https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK53.aspx#download

If you are running v2.5.0.x firmware, it was very buggy and unstable and retracted by NG.  You should manually update to v2.5.1.8 if you are running v2.5.0.x.

View solution in original post

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 5

All Replies
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

What version of firmware do you have installed on the RBR50 and any RBS50 satellites?  Firmware v2.5.1.8 is the latest version, available from https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK53.aspx#download

If you are running v2.5.0.x firmware, it was very buggy and unstable and retracted by NG.  You should manually update to v2.5.1.8 if you are running v2.5.0.x.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Also make sure you don't have any traffic monitoring/armor/qos enabled. Those can reduce speeds as well. 

Message 3 of 5
TBaker
Aspirant

Current firmware is 2.3.5.30 and says up to date on orbi app i will check link and look at manually updating

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If you do update, be sure to update the RBS first then the RBR lastly. 

@TBaker wrote:

Current firmware is 2.3.5.30 and says up to date on orbi app i will check link and look at manually updating

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7