Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

sonos play 5 gen 2 will not connect to orbi

rbachone
Aspirant

sonos play 5 gen 2 will not connect to orbi

My Equipment: Spectrum Cable (400Mb/20Mb) Arris SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1, Orbi RBR40 running as router firmware V2.5.1.22, w/3 x RBS50 Netgear prosafe 16 port switch

my issue after spending 3 days with SONOS trying to connect a new ARC soundbar to my existing system
I was forced to update from S1 to S2 app

in the process every speaker was reset so ended up setting up a new system
reverted back to my old soundbar the ARC is going back
everything is connected except 2 PLAY 5 Gen 2
the sonos app finds them and dies in the final stage of connecting
I have tried plugging these in directly to the ORBI also tried connecting to the switch I can connect 1 but not the second one

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

Re: sonos play 5 gen 2 will not connect to orbi

@rbachone wrote:

I have tried plugging these in directly to the ORBI also tried connecting to the switch I can connect 1 but not the second one

I'm not too familiar with your SONOS setup, but is there a way to indivisually reset the speakers? It souns like stored settings are pre=venting you from setting them up, otherwise they should connect wired. 

Also, do you have any firewall settings, circle or armor enabled, static IP settings, etc. on the Orbi?

Message 2 of 5
rbachone
Aspirant

yes each speaker was reset individually as well as the app being reset I have turned off all firewall to get this done

Message 3 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

Message 4 of 5
rbachone
Aspirant

yup I found that as well before I posted because none of the existing "fixes" did anything for my issue

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7