Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

soundbar interference

gregd548
Follower

soundbar interference

Vizio soundbar cuts out and/or frequently makes crackling/interference noise. Vizio says it's caused by my Orbi Satellite which is in the same room as my TV (moving either isn't an option). They say to change channels and or backhaul channel. What does Netgear suggest to resolve the problem?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: soundbar interference

@gregd548 wrote:

Vizio soundbar cuts out and/or frequently makes crackling/interference noise. Vizio says it's caused by my Orbi Satellite which is in the same room as my TV (moving either isn't an option). They say to change channels and or backhaul channel. What does Netgear suggest to resolve the problem?

Have you confirmed it's the satellite causing the interference, e.g., power it off and see if the interference stops?

Have you tried changing the wireless channels?  Go to orbilogin.com, Advanced... Setup... Wireless Setup and modify the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz settings.  I don't know how long it takes the satellite to change but maybe power cycle it after changing the Orbi config to be sure.

If that doesn't help, there are other wireless settings in Advanced... Advanced... Wireless Settings.  These don't modify the channel but still might make a difference to the interference.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7