Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: time conflict (maybe)

Brain29
Apprentice

time conflict (maybe)

I have been playing with debug looking for red flags for conflicts for devices to try and understand why I keep droping and noticed that in the normal 192.168.1.1 UI the time I see is correct. However in the Debug .ZIP I see the "same time" but a diffrent "time zone". 
I'm not sure what time my devices see - but I know this could cause sync issues and since my devices see the SSID and are connected but have no communication with the orbi --  I am wondering if this could be a sync issue - such as I am in PST but the orbi might be sending UTC times

-- "have not check this" Its probally in one of my linux server logs that flash by that I need to freeze but just to lazy figure out..

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

@DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I will check and see if this will cause a issue.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 9
Brain29
Apprentice

@DarrenM wrote:

I will check and see if this will cause a issue.

DarrenM

on the beta 2.1.5 for a few weeks no issues then randomly the orbi lost internet connection and my systems wouldnt talk to the main orbi

rebooted and the orbi had date and time a few weeks offs - even the debug files it created were using the same date and time - 

visited the schedule page in the orbi admin advanced settings and it ? reset it self ? all i did was load that settings page and everything changed to normal

not sure whats causeing the time shift 

debug logs are no help cause they start after I have restarted the router and not when the actual problem occurs 

there was also no log of when the orbi changed its time the debug logs would read 4/24 then changed to current time 5/31 with no log created 

I am guessing all the issues I have been having with disconnecting and loss of internet are from this time bug - I have had 1 RMA  and the new unit has the same issues.

Message 4 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to revert back to the current non beta firmware?

DarrenM

Message 5 of 9
Brain29
Apprentice

not after installing the beta I have not gone back

(been pretty happy with this version I have not as many hicups as the public version I had before)

I was having the same issues with the public- it would happen once a day with the earler non-beta versions
** the dropping/crashing/non responsive  of the orbi main

after the beta I only noticed it once after about 3 weeks

*still not sure if the timming diffrence is whats causing the lock out ** its somehting I look for and notice that has been wrong everytime after a crash has occured

*satallite seems not be affected -- it drops/looses connection just like all my other devices, never had it drop on its own or crash

*the time diffrence/change -- drives my nas crazy or any site I seem to be on that has security tokens 

1 - orbi main drops the internet connection 

2 - my pc and devices (lan"from main" - wireless) will give me a warning saying they cant find the internet or hang on loading screens
3 - try to log into the orbi ip - it will fail  (no leds are flashing on the orbi main)  - if I let it sit for a few more min the satallite will show its lost connection led

4 - upon reset (on/off)  //not hard reset\\ the time will be off
5 - all debug information and logs will start from time of reboot -

no previous history can be loaded unless I am missing a set up step I should try

//kind of in the dark at this point but the orbi main will be up and not dropping connections\\

*time seems to resync after time or visiting the schedual page ** not sure 

Message 6 of 9
Brain29
Apprentice

time-diffrence.jpg

hopefully this dosent get compressed so you can't read the text
but the file was created after a reboot of the orbi on 5/31
but the orbi thinks its 4/24 and has also created some files in 1969
** the time stamps for the created files are what the orbi is also sending to all devices 
** all the logs are bascially blank and only show newly connected mac addresses of my devices trying to reconnect
** after the time fixes itself all the logs timestamps change to the current time

Message 7 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to try the latest beta firmware that we just put out.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/m-p/1585461#M32958

DarrenM

Message 8 of 9
Brain29
Apprentice

I replaced the Orbi with a diffrent company for the time being
(no issue with other company)

the issue is still present many devices have issues connecting and viewing site

* date and time is set correctly however what is used is diffrent

maybe its related maybe its not .. but i give up 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors