Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: trouble connecting new wireless printer

dblakey
Aspirant

trouble connecting new wireless printer

New wireless printer - HP 9025.  Wouldn't connect to my old wifi network because of range extender on my old network (according to HP tech rep.).  So I just installed Orbi RBR50 to get a better quality signal in my home office.  Desktop, iPhones and iPads connect to new network no problem.  Printer won't.  Printer recognizes network, signal strength is good, but still won't connect.  Wireless network test report run from printer suggests MAC address filtering on the router may be the problem.  How do I fix/change that?  Are there ways to access change router settings beyond what shows up on the Orbi app?  Reading prior posts from folks with printer connection problems discuss temporarily turning off security (didn't help) and resetting Orbi channel to lower channel number.  But how do you change the channel?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
dblakey
Aspirant

Thanks. I found the webpage , changed the channel on 2.4gHz to 8 and that did the trick. Printer works now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?

Change channels on the routers web page under Basic tab/Wireless settings. 

If the printer didn't connect to the orbi while security was dissabled, possible the printers wifi is faulty. 

Message 2 of 5
dblakey
Aspirant

Thanks. I found the webpage , changed the channel on 2.4gHz to 8 and that did the trick. Printer works now.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like the printers wifi adapter is particular on channels. Glad you found it. Please mark your post as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5

Glad to see you got it sorted. For future reference, the usual way to fix wifi printers is to find the printer maker's utility, the software that runs on your operating system. Then use that to connect the printer to the wifi and configure the printer's settings.

There's a chance that the utility has a way to tweak channels.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7