Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unsecured networks show up on my list of networks

luther56
Follower

unsecured networks show up on my list of networks

just replaced my orbi routers today with another brand not netgear, i think i have unsecured networks now, 

my new set up is secured, no problem, but i see 1secured unidentified network and 1 unsecured unidentified network.

both of those have full bars of power, just like my new router, i tryed to log into unsecured one but could not log on with my ssid.

i do have several ring cameras that tell u they are not secured by themselves but are thru your network password

i am hoping its a neighbor who doesnt realize his networks are open, how can i erase all netgear router stuff, genie is still showing up thanks

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: unsecured networks show up on my list of networks

There are a lot of different issues in this post.  I'll attempt to address some of them.

@luther56 wrote:

just replaced my orbi routers today with another brand not netgear, i think i have unsecured networks now, 

It might help to identify what you installed.

my new set up is secured, no problem, but i see 1secured unidentified network and 1 unsecured unidentified network.

Were these networks present before the Orbi was removed?

both of those have full bars of power, just like my new router, i tryed to log into unsecured one but could not log on with my ssid.

By definition, an unsecured WiFi network has no password.  Trying to log on with a password won't work.
Did you try to log on with no password (i.e. blank)?

i do have several ring cameras that tell u they are not secured by themselves but are thru your network password

i am hoping its a neighbor who doesnt realize his networks are open, how can i erase all netgear router stuff, genie is still showing up thanks  I don't know what to make of "Genie still showing up".  The app is still on your phone?  Genie still shows you have Netgear products and you want to erase yourself from the Netgear database? 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: unsecured networks show up on my list of networks

If you are using Non NG wifi routers, then you'll need to contact the Mfr of this new router and ask for help and information. 

@luther56 wrote:

i am hoping its a neighbor who doesnt realize his networks are open, how can i erase all netgear router stuff, genie is still showing up thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7