Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

updates

wifiblues
Luminary

updates

hi all,

if I have not updated firmware in a while, do you have to update firmware in stages or can you update right into the latest firmware?

thanks...wifiblues

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
wifiblues
Luminary

Re: updates

Hi Furrye38,
I purchased an orbi43 on eBay and when it arrives, I will find out the firmware version. It could be up to date. I’m not sure. If it is prior to v210, where do you find the intermediate version? The RBR is the router and the RBS is the satellite? Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Unless it has been a really long time, you can upgrade directly to the latest firmware.

Using the Orbi web interface, the Advanced Tab, Administration, Firmware Update will do this automatically.

If you choose to update manually, the firmware release page on the web site will indicate the proper procedure.

We have sort of a mantra on the web site, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  If the Orbi is functioning as you expect and the release notes do not indicate that some specific problem of yours has been addressed by the update, there is no urgency to do so.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW is your system on currently? If it's older versions prior to v210 then there will be a intermediate version that needs to be applied on the RBR before doing to latest version. You don't have to do this with the RBS. Just the RBR. 

Always update the RBS first then the RBR lastly. 

If you choose to do this, manually download the FW files and use a wired PC and web browser to make the upgrade. 

@wifiblues wrote:

hi all,

if I have not updated firmware in a while, do you have to update firmware in stages or can you update right into the latest firmware?

thanks...wifiblues

Message 3 of 5
wifiblues
Luminary

Hi Furrye38,
I purchased an orbi43 on eBay and when it arrives, I will find out the firmware version. It could be up to date. I’m not sure. If it is prior to v210, where do you find the intermediate version? The RBR is the router and the RBS is the satellite? Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds good. Hopefully it already is. Smiley Wink

Input the model # here and youll find all the files if you need them:> RBK40 <Is the model#

https://www.netgear.com/support/

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7