Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

upnp doesnt work with OrbiRBR40

MrVirgilio
Aspirant

upnp doesnt work with OrbiRBR40

I have cameras and my old cable modem and router worked fine but when I went to the Orbi router it says my Q-See will not work - UPNP.  Help.

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: upnp doesnt work with OrbiRBR40

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 7
MrVirgilio
Aspirant

Model is RBR40 with 3 Satellites, I am direct connected to the Q-See router.  I can see the cameras at the device but not on Iphone via the app.  Port forward fails.  Not sure what to do next.

Message 3 of 7
MrVirgilio
Aspirant

What FW is currently loaded?  How do I know?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? 

ISP Modem is u10c135.10 It says Spectrum on it.  only FCC id

My Setup (Cable 900Mb/50Mb)CM1100>XR450> > EX7700 (Wireless Extender)
Additional NG HW: Orbi CBK40(Gateway Mode), R7800, EX7500/EX7700 and WNHDE111
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

If the modem already has a built in router, then having two routers on the same line will cause problems like this for uPnP. 

If so, then I recommend you contact your ISP have them help you bridge the modem if possible.

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 5 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@MrVirgilio wrote:

I have cameras and my old cable modem and router worked fine but when I went to the Orbi router it says my Q-See will not work - UPNP.  Help.

If the Q-See supports UPnP, do you have UPnP activated in Orbi?

Namnlöst.png

Otherwise you need to setup proper port forwarding (according to the camera system specs, probably need to open ports 85 and 6036). Port forwarding can be set under advanced settings in Orbi:

Namnlöst.png

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

uPnP should be enabled on the Orbi if the modem can be either bridged or use the DMZ for the Orbi. When using the DMZ for the Orbi, upnp should be disabled on the Modem/Router. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7