Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: vpn dienst

ernestvdh
Aspirant

vpn dienst

iemand ervaring met vpn , zoals nordvpn of express vpn?

werkt dat goed met netflix?

welke heeft de voorkeur en waarom?

ghr

ernest

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Netgear Orbi cannot be a VPN "client" which allows all devices connected to the router to use a single VPN connection to Nord VPN or Express VPN. There are some routers which can be set up as a VPN client, but not Orbi.
When a device on the network uses a VPN client, the Orbi is unaware of it. This is simply a computer making an encrypted connection to the internet.

Nord VPN claims to be compatible with Netflix:

https://support.nordvpn.com/General-info/SmartPlay/1047407532/How-to-securely-watch-Netflix-with-Nor... 

Google Vertalen:

Netgear Orbi kan geen VPN-"client" zijn waarmee alle apparaten die op de router zijn aangesloten, een enkele VPN-verbinding met Nord VPN of Express VPN kunnen gebruiken. Er zijn enkele routers die kunnen worden ingesteld als een VPN-client, maar niet als Orbi.
Wanneer een apparaat op het netwerk een VPN-client gebruikt, is de Orbi hiervan niet op de hoogte. Dit is gewoon een computer die een gecodeerde verbinding met internet maakt.

Nord VPN beweert compatibel te zijn met Netflix:

https://support.nordvpn.com/General-info/SmartPlay/1047407532/How-to-securely-watch-Netflix-with-Nor... 

Message 2 of 4
ernestvdh
Aspirant

Hi,
Thnx for your mail.
Vpn via router doesn't work , I know.
But I was wondering, which vpn is beter, while installed local on my Imac or Iphone; so that I can stream Netflix to my Apple Tv.
Which vpn do you prefer?

kind regards,

ernest.
Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Alas, I do not use a VPN, so I have no opinion.  There are many comparison reviews.

Sorry.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7