Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

who help me with my ORBI RBR50 and RBS50 with firmware 2.0.1.4

correalej
Aspirant

Re: who help me with my ORBI RBR50 and RBS50 with firmware 2.0.1.4

okay i have more time today and I Found on the Xfinity router that Bridge mode if "Disabled"  .  Let me recap what i need to do...

Enable Bridge mode and ensure Wireless is Turned off on Xfinity router.

Set AP mode on the Orbi

Plug orbi into the Router and then plug my switch into Orbi and have all Ethernet devices, Nas uNit etc all coming from Switch.  

If my Wifi SSID is :RocORb should i make my Routers home netwrok name the same?

Message 26 of 35
correalej
Aspirant

Capture1.JPG

Also if i do this will it turn off hte MOCA that runs my TIVO?

Message 27 of 35
correalej
Aspirant

Well i tried to Enable Bridge and it turned off router and MOCA.... so i cannot fully Bridge i guess

Message 28 of 35
Deech123
Aspirant

the RBR is standing in the living room , ground floor.

then the RBS is standing in the game room upstairs, I think the distance between both is around 15 meter in one direct line.

so I think this must be good?

what I do see is that the RBR on the groundfloor is not strong enough to reach the entire home. my bathroom is ground floor and in complete opposite side of house, and there wifi is almost nothing. so must look how I will solve that... and maybe I must us AP in stead with 3 or 4 modules.

since I think I can not add an other brand module my AP orbi system with the same SSID.

Message 29 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

If the ISP modem is in bridge mode then you'll need to run the Orbi sytem in router mode, not AP mode.

Message 30 of 35
correalej
Aspirant

Okay  this is how I have it currently but i do not kow if it is correct or the best?

Xfinity(Cisco) Cable Modem/Router> Orbi RBR 50 Router>  Switch = Netgear ProSafe 16 Port Model JG5516 v2.

Cable Modem Router - Is still acting as router as I have to use MOCA for Security Cameras and Tivo and if i enable Bridge mode it turns off MOCA.   I do have the Wifi Disabled on the Xfinity Router.

Orbi RBR50 is in AP Mode and only has Switch plugged into it. The wireless setting are 2.4GHZ = Channel 11 and 5gHZ = CHannel 48.   (interestingly in the Orbi Iphone app the IP address of the RBR50 Shows 192.168.1.1 but all other things get adresses of 10.0.0.x) If i look in teh Orbilogin.com i see teh LAN port to switch is 10.0.0.229  with gateway 10.0.0.1

Switch has everything else in the house plugged into it  even my QNAP NAS unit which for some reason i cannot seem to see on my loacal area network unless i go to the IP address it sits on of 10.0.0.206. 

The the 3 Orbi Satelites "RBS50's are Connected Wirelessly throughout the house to the RBR50.

Does this appear to be correct given i cannot Fully Bridge the Xfinity router and have ORBI in AP mode?

Is this the right sequence or should the switch come before the orbi RBR50?

Message 31 of 35
correalej
Aspirant

Another question if i want to take some of the Orbi Satelites and plug ethernet into the back of them coming from the switch would that be better than just wirelessly attached to the Orbi RBR50, or do they have to be directly wired to RBR50?

Message 32 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Thats a good working configuration. Switch should be always after the main host router. You could place the Orbi system on the switch as well since its in AP mode for better accessibility on this layer. However run it for a while and see how it goes.

Just make sure if you use the ethernet back haul and connect satellites thru the switch, that the switch is set up to allow all traffic between the Satellite(s) and Orbi router.

Managed switches seem to cause problems in this area.

I can't tell for sure if your model is managed or non-managed:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/JGS516v2#docs

What FW do you have loaded currently?

Message 33 of 35
correalej
Aspirant

Again thank you for all your guidance.

I looked on the Netgear site and found my Switch is Unmanaged. 

My version on all 4 Orbi's is 2.1.2.18

I might try moving the switch before the orbi RBR50 and see if that helps all my PC's see the NAS unit again "In Network" vs. having to map the IP to a drive, but i will reboot it again and see if for some reason that is it. 

Message 34 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. wanted to make sure.

Try out the new Beta FW as well.

Message 35 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation