Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: why does my Orbi not see the ipdate

rsisson
Aspirant

why does my Orbi not see the ipdate

My Orbi is currently on  V2.5.2.4 and when I manually check for what is the current version I see there is a version V2.6.1.40 for the US market.  Why doesn't my Orbi see this update and suggest updating to it when I go to "check for updates"

Obviously the same question goes for my satalites?

thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

the newer versions are not probably set for autoupdates currently. 

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@rsisson wrote:

My Orbi is currently on  V2.5.2.4 and when I manually check for what is the current version I see there is a version V2.6.1.40 for the US market.  Why doesn't my Orbi see this update and suggest updating to it when I go to "check for updates"

Yesterday, My Orbi said that 2.6.1.40 was available for the satellite, but only 2.5.2.4 for the router.  Today, it says only 2.5.2.4 is available for both. Add, I am in the US where at least 2.7.0.70 should be available. Netgear's firmware release process is a mess!

I remain firmly on 2.5.1.16 until there has been a concensus that new firmware is at least as good as the COVID vaccine: i.e. "safe and effective."

For example, there was a comment yesterday that 2.6.1.40 may have disabled Access Control on the web interface and tells users "use the app for that."  NOT what I want have happen right now.  Maybe this comment was in error.  Maybe 2.6.1.40 does something so wonderful that I would be a fool not to jump on it.

Time will tell.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I think anything v2.7x isn't being offered as an automatic update or seen on the auto update servers. I think NG maybe holding those for manual updates and whom in the US region want to try v2.7x since thats mostly Parental Controls/Disney Circle FW related.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7