Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

why orbi connection disconnect

abdu232
Star

why orbi connection disconnect

Why first time it start to Disconnect sometime doesn't open web site and full bar i get for wifi www.google.com no respond and satellite blue then turn white the blue its bug on Frameware

i speed test i get 50Mbps then boost to 160Mbps and sometimes goes to 20Mbps not stable. MY ISP provide me 160Mbps download and 40 Upload.

I think becouse you cant select if it is 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz need to turn off the on wifi to get good connection 

On the other hand, it has bug in it web site it shows 0 satellite and then 2 satellite need to be fix the orbi page.

Nice design why no option for the LED on top to know if it turned ON like blue its stable and good connection it must be added on settings option always turn on LED

Hope new FW will be fix the issue of internet and satellite connection, add wireless option for 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz diffrent and LED

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: why orbi connection disconnect

Hello abdu232

I sent you a Private Message.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi DarrenM,

Abdu232's issue sounds identical to what many of us are experiencing. As a suggestion, since this is a community, could you post whatever info may be beneficial for everyone to see instead of randomly PMing some users? I know you have a ton to keep up with but it could benefit multiple users instead of 1 at a time. Thanks.
Message 3 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello BobertSaget

I just PM him about the beta firmware if you are wanting to test it send me a Pm with your name, email and phone number plus all the devices you are having issues with that are connecting to orbi.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 8
Geb
Initiate
Initiate

My iMac will not maintain a consistent wifi connection to the Orbi.  Every other device we have works well.  The status will show connection with full bars but websites will randomly not load and I get a message that there is no internet connection.  Then the wifi will periodically start scanning for a network again. This just repeats over and over.

Planning to return the product if this can't be resolved quickly and easily.

Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks DarrenM, I have the beta from the support team but I did not have good results with it unfortunately. Didn't know if I was missing anything else.
Message 6 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Geb

Have you made sure you have the latest wireless drivers on the Imac?

DarrenM

Message 7 of 8
Geb
Initiate
Initiate

I have OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos