Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi disconnect after 30 minutes when computer is inactive

Simpson_P
Follower

wifi disconnect after 30 minutes when computer is inactive

Model: AC3000|RBK50

Hello all, Internet disconnect from my computer after un certain period of inactivity (<30 minutes). It should stay on. I know there must be something with my Orbi sttings, but I don't know how to change settings so Internet stays on even if computer is inactive.

Please help me!

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: wifi disconnect after 30 minutes when computer is inactive

@Simpson_P wrote:

Hello all, Internet disconnect from my computer after un certain period of inactivity (<30 minutes). It should stay on. I know there must be something with my Orbi sttings, but I don't know how to change settings so Internet stays on even if computer is inactive.

If only this one PC is being affected, it might be a good idea to check the Control Panel Power Options menu, especially the Advanced Options - Wireless.  There is no setting on the Orbi that would cause it to disconnect WiFi after a period of inactivity.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: wifi disconnect after 30 minutes when computer is inactive

@Simpson_P wrote:

If only this one PC is being affected, it might be a good idea to check the Control Panel Power Options menu, especially the Advanced Options - Wireless.  There is no setting on the Orbi that would cause it to disconnect WiFi after a period of inactivity.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7