Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: wifi drop on LG5 phone device

hh_orbi
Aspirant

wifi drop on LG5 phone device

Hi,

I bought an Orbi WiFi 6 RBK753S-100NAS using Modem C3700-100NAS. I didn't change any setting.

When I'm on my LG5 phone playing Clash of Royale. I get drop and reconnect right away. How can I prevent this?

My modem & Orbi router is 1st floor living room, 1st satellite is on 1st floor room, & 2nd satellite is on 2nd floor.

Firmware Version V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

@hh_orbi wrote:

Here is my set up:

Xfinity coaxial cable goes into C3700-100NAS. Ethernet cable from C3700 to RBK753S-100NAS. Both are act as router.

My house only has 2200 sq. ft. Maybe it is overkill with the orbi?

C3700 & RBK753S router are next to each other in the main living room.

1st satellite is one room a apart from the living room.

2nd satellite is up stair.

If the C3700-100NAS is setup as a router, you should probably set the Orbi in AP mode. If not, at least disable WIFI on the C3700-100NAS. The RBK753S-100NAS is a bit powerful for your sq footage. Also you want your satellites and router spread apart at least 30 ft.

The second satellite upstairs is probably fine taking into consideration you have Floor, wiring, etc factor. You may want to remove the downstairs satellite as it is probably too close, which can cause as much issues as far away.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

@hh_orbi wrote:

Hi,

I bought an Orbi WiFi 6 RBK753S-100NAS using Modem C3700-100NAS. I didn't change any setting.

When I'm on my LG5 phone playing Clash of Royale. I get drop and reconnect right away. How can I prevent this?

My modem & Orbi router is 1st floor living room, 1st satellite is on 1st floor room, & 2nd satellite is on 2nd floor.

Firmware Version V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

How is your C3700-100NAS and RBK753S-100NAS configured? Is the C3700 in router mode or RBR753 in router mode, or both in router mode?

How far apart are the router and satellites from each other, as the RBK753S-100NAS is a powerful system with up to 7500 sq ft coverage? If you covered area is considerably less, you may have to disconnect 1 satellite.

Message 2 of 8
hh_orbi
Aspirant

Here is my set up:

Xfinity coaxial cable goes into C3700-100NAS. Ethernet cable from C3700 to RBK753S-100NAS. Both are act as router.

Message 3 of 8
Mstrbig
Master

@hh_orbi wrote:

Here is my set up:

If the C3700-100NAS is setup as a router, you should probably set the Orbi in AP mode. If not, at least disable WIFI on the C3700-100NAS. The RBK753S-100NAS is a bit powerful for your sq footage. Also you want your satellites and router spread apart at least 30 ft.

The second satellite upstairs is probably fine taking into consideration you have Floor, wiring, etc factor. You may want to remove the downstairs satellite as it is probably too close, which can cause as much issues as far away.

Message 4 of 8
hh_orbi
Aspirant

Since the Orbi might be an overkill for my 2200 sq. ft house.

I have Xfinity 600Mbps download speed service.

Should I just drop the Orbi set up and just use Model C6900 only? Will it be enough?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
Mstrbig
Master

@hh_orbi wrote:

Since the Orbi might be an overkill for my 2200 sq. ft house.

I have Xfinity 600Mbps download speed service.

Should I just drop the Orbi set up and just use Model C6900 only? Will it be enough?

Thanks.

The nice thing about the Orbi is no WIFI dead spots if setup properly.

Not sure what you are refering to with "Model C6900 only"? But I don't think you will benefit from it, as the C3700-100NAS should do the job if it was centrally located. 

Since you have to use the Model C3700, as it is your cable modem, your best bet would be turn off WIFI on the C3700, set Orbi router in AP mode, use 1 satellite, unless you can place them further apart or also use the second satellite upstairs on opposite sides of the home.

Or I would turn off router mode completely and disable WIFI on the C3700 and use it as a straight modem, and set your Orbi up in router mode. the main thing is to get more distance between the Orbi router and downstairs satellite. 

Message 6 of 8
hh_orbi
Aspirant

Thank you Mstrbig.

I was thinking of returning Orbi, buy a new Model C6900 and use this as modem + router. Since my C3700 cannot handle the 600 Mbps internet service provider. Regardless, I have to buy a new modem to get up to 600 Mbps.

My concern is if Model C6900 will provide enough wifi across my 2200 sq. ft house.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
Mstrbig
Master

@hh_orbi wrote:

Thank you Mstrbig.

I was thinking of returning Orbi, buy a new Model C6900 and use this as modem + router. Since my C3700 cannot handle the 600 Mbps internet service provider. Regardless, I have to buy a new modem to get up to 600 Mbps.

My concern is if Model C6900 will provide enough wifi across my 2200 sq. ft house.

Thanks.

Gotcha. Wireless broadcasting delivers WIFI in a circular radius from the router. So the C6900 may or may not give full coverage. 

You may be better off getting a straight ISP modem like an Arris SB8200 or Arris SB6190 or Netgear CM700-100NAS. Then you can set the Orbi up as a router and get the benefit of the mesh system, even if you have to not use the 3rd satellite or place it in a remote area for broader WIFI. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7