Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi frequency

darius6745
Follower

wifi frequency

hi

Looking to buy the Orbi RBK30 setup but i just have a question before i buy and wonder if anyone can help.

Ok so i have had issues with my broadband for years and no amount of changing my hardware or ISP has helped. Well i have recently discovered the reason why. We have 2 young children and use baby monitors around the home which are conflicitng with the wifi signal frequency. 

As this is tri-band will this auto switch to the other bands which use a different frequency to the baby monitors?

I have used a dual band netgear router but i find it crap that you have to manually select which band you want to connect to.

thanks in advance

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: wifi frequency

@darius6745 wrote:

hi

Looking to buy the Orbi RBK30 setup but i just have a question before i buy and wonder if anyone can help.

Ok so i have had issues with my broadband for years and no amount of changing my hardware or ISP has helped. Well i have recently discovered the reason why. We have 2 young children and use baby monitors around the home which are conflicitng with the wifi signal frequency. 

As this is tri-band will this auto switch to the other bands which use a different frequency to the baby monitors?

I have used a dual band netgear router but i find it crap that you have to manually select which band you want to connect to.

thanks in advance

I don't beleive any router will help your situation.  Baby monitors, micro-wave ovens, cordless phones all cause some sort of problem for the wifi.  The auto switch is more for allowing the orbi to switch between wifi channels possibly due to close neighbors.  If possible you may want to try the 5G band on the Orbi or your current router if whatever device you're using will support.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/227973/six_things_that_block_your_wifi_and_how_to_fix_them.html

Good luck

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7